Thursday, January 19, 2017

Writing

We have been working on writing opinions in our classroom.  Yesterday, we did a practice "on-demand" writing prompt.  The prompt was, "A _________ is the best animal."

Check out the first grader's writing, and the comments from their classmates!  We'd love it if you commented about our writing, too!

By Ava:

My cat is the best animal because 1. She's fluffy. 2. She does tricks. 3. She licks me. 4. She makes me laugh very, very, hard. That's why I think my cat is the best.  I love her!

"I like her punctuation." -Emily
"I like that she has numbers for all of her reasons of her cat." -Campbell
"I like her writing because it has capital letters and lowercase letters." -Destiny

By Hanna:

Rabbits is the best animal because they are so cute.  And so funny! And I love the way they smile.  Do you like rabbits?

"I like that she has a question at the end."  -Campbell
"I like rabbits too." -Xavier
"I like all of her punctuation."  Autumn
"I like how she said, 'Do you like rabbits'". -Ava

By Nick:
I like penguins because they swim.  And they eat fish. I like penguins.

"I like how he put some of the things he liked about them into facts." -Emily
"I like penguins too." Lucy
"I like how he writes." Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment