Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Note From Our School Social Worker

Dear PPS Parents, Guardians, Caretakers,
My name is Maddie Sivo (Ms. Maddie to the kids, and formerly Maddie Grandgeorge). I’m the school social worker at PPS. I work with kids and families with varying needs and challenges . I often meet with kids during lunch in my office, and will sometimes allow them to invite a friend or two to work on social skills and help build positive friendships. If you are not comfortable with your child being invited for these small groups, please let their teacher know, or you can contact me directly at grandgeorgem@csdvt.org or 264-5918.
Also, as cold weather approaches, it can be a challenge for some families to pull together enough warm clothing (especially with the amount of stuff kids misplace at school!). If you have warm clothing or boots to spare, send them my way! It is also ALWAYS helpful to have gift cards to grocery stores on hand for families who are having a hard time making ends meet. Your generosity is much appreciated.
Thank you!
--Maddie Sivo
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing RIGHT OUT LOUD. There is a back story to Julien's letters...

    His brother (Domenick) always writes "Dom + JT" with whatever materials they have (like rocks, sticks...or last night it was fried lo mein noodles). Last night, Julien asked his brother to switch it "JT + Dom" so Julien was listed first. Domenick did not.

    It looks like Julien got the last laugh today. :)

    ReplyDelete