Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Terrific Tuesday

Wow!  After a long, beautiful weekend we were SO ready to learn in our classroom today.  We have some very impressive first graders.  This year, many of our lessons are going to be taught in "I Can" statements.  We learned about "I can" statements today and even used them in our mini-lessons!  We use "I Can" statements because then we know exactly what we're supposed to be focusing on as we learn.


Our "I Can" statements today were:

SWR: I can tap out the word the and write it
Math: I can use a white board to write numbers
Reading: I can find books in our classroom library
Writing: I can touch and tell, then sketch a story across the pages

We are amazing learners in room 12.  We did all of these fabulously! 

Here are some photos from today and Friday (I forgot to post them then, but they are too good not to share!)


No comments:

Post a Comment