Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Xtra Math

Today we learned about a math program on the computer that will help us be super fast mathematicians!  We learned about xtramath.org and how we will use it at home and in our classroom.  Please look for a parent letter from xtramath in your child's folder today.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

We also got to practice being super fast mathematicians during our fast math block. We learned all about the +0 rule and how we ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER when we're adding 0 because it is the same as the number we're adding it to!  We don't even have to think about it- we just know it!  We are amazing and impressive!  The first graders were proud of how quickly they breezed through their fast math worksheets.  

Everyone in our classroom has earned a Pax-It note.  We earn Pax-It notes by doing what's expected without reminders.  Ask your first grader what they earned a Pax-It note for today.  

Our I Can statements today were:
SWR: I can tap out the word the and write it in my SWR book
Math: I can use a number line to count one more and one less
Fast Math: I can use the +0 rule to complete addition problems quickly
Reading: I can use my Reading Response notebook to record my thinking
Writing: I can make my words match my sketch

We had a fabulous day today.  Please tell your first grader what a GREAT Wednesday we had together! 


No comments:

Post a Comment